This salad wasn’t based on any one recipe, but on several non-mayo-based potato recipesI found. One of the things I like about it is that it is so filling, with or without chicken!
This is definitely a salad where you can leave out pretty much anything – other than the potatoes – and it will still work.
- Red-skinned potatoes (1/4 lb or so?), cut into ~1/4″ pieces
- Chicken (2-3 tenders)
- Fresh parsley
- Chives or shallot
- Red and yellow bell pepper
- Plain light Greek yogurt (~16 oz)
- Spicy sauce – A1, worcestershire, etc. – to taste
- I used Hak’s BBQ sauce, which is kind of like a spicier version of worcestershire
- Lemon juice, to taste
Nothing fancy here. Boiled the potatoes (10-15 minutes). Cook the chicken on the stove or in the oven. If you’re using a shallot, consider cooking it on the stove for just 3 or 4 minutes, until it’s slightly browned, so it’s not too strong.
Otherwise, combine and enjoy! Lasts a long time (~week or so) even once the dressing is mixed in.