My first dip, the Avocado Feta dip, was inspired by two recipes I’d pinned recently – this Creamy Avocado Yogurt Dip and this Greek Feta Yogurt Dip. My second one, the Spinach Onion Dip, was inspired by this Fresh Spinach Dip recipe.
Avocado Feta Dip Ingredients:
- 2 small containers Greek yogurt
- I used one low-fat and one non-fat
- 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- Lime juice
- Cumin and cayenne, to taste
- 2 ripe avocado
- A handful of crumbled feta
- I used whatever I had left from another recipe, probably about 1/8 of a container of feta
The only prep work here is washing the cilantro, getting the 2 cloves of garlic out, and getting the avocado “meat” out. Since it’s all going into a food processor, none of it has to be done neatly.
I also threw in a few pieces of caramelized onion that I’d made for another recipe.
For the cloves of garlic- the easy way to peel garlic is to smash it! It’s kind of fun, as long as you don’t hit your fingers.
I used crackers to dip in this, though I’m sure it would be good with veggies as well.
Spinach Onion Dip Ingredients:
- Full block of cream cheese
- I used fat free – though next time I would probably use low fat instead
- Small Greek yogurt
- Also fat free
- Spinach, about 5 ounces
- Caramelized onions, about a fourth of a cup
- Roasted garlic
- Optional, I just had made some the night before and couldn’t figure out what to do with it. You could have raw garlic or garlic powder instead.
- Almonds, 10-20
- Optional, just adds a little crunch
- Spices and herbs to taste
- I used salt, chili powder, ginger, basil, and cayenne
Combine all ingredients in food processor, reserving an ounce of spinach. Rip up the last ounce of spinach by hand and mix in for a “chunkier” dip.
We’ve already dipped carrots, chips, and crackers into the dip – and I only made it a few hours ago!
Both dips are husband-approved (TM).